Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

10AS027E3F29I2SG simulation error

EDing
Partner

#   Time: 0 ps Iteration: 0 Instance: /bsm_epl_pcl_egl_bsf_tst/uut/b2v_inst File: /build/swbuild/SJ/nightly/18.0std/614/l64/work/modelsim/eda/sim_lib/altera_mf.v

# ** Error: (vsim-3935) ../../BSM_EPL_PCL_EGL.vhd(1316): Port 'A_OUT' not found in the connected module.

#   Time: 0 ps Iteration: 0 Instance: /bsm_epl_pcl_egl_bsf_tst/uut/b2v_inst File: /build/swbuild/SJ/nightly/18.0std/614/l64/work/modelsim/eda/sim_lib/altera_mf.v

# ** Error: (vsim-3935) ../../BSM_EPL_PCL_EGL.vhd(1316): Port 'A_IN' not found in the connected module.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
EDing
Partner

What's missing here to set up the simulation with Qsys IP? Thanks!​

0 Kudos
MuhammadAr_U_Intel

Hi,

Which IP are you trying to simulate ?

Can you share some more details, what are the steps you have followed to bring up simulation ?

Intel FPGA IP's comes with auto-generate script located in directory <ip name>/simulation/ that can be used to bring up the simulation.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/mwh1409960636914.html#mwh1409958298944

Let me know if you are able to proceed with this.

Thanks,

Arslan

0 Kudos
EDing
Partner

Hi Arslan,

Glad to see your answer here! Thanks! Attached is the log file, could you tell what's missing from the log please?

Best,

Ellen

0 Kudos
MuhammadAr_U_Intel

Hi Ellen,

I am looking at the log file, it is hard to pin point the exact issue. As I can see a couple of IP's been compiled in the design.

Is it possible to share the design in a private message may be to take a further look ?

Or you can point me what IP was instantiated at line number pointed in Error message.

* Error: (vsim-3935) ../../BSM_EPL_PCL_EGL.vhd(1316): Port 'A_OUT' not found in the connected module.

Also can you confirm if IP is generated in verilog or vhdl ?

Thanks,

Arslan

0 Kudos
EDing
Partner

Hi Arslan! I have opened a case 00398071, it would be great if you can help identify the problem. Thanks!​

0 Kudos
MuhammadAr_U_Intel
Hi Ellen, I have taken a look at the design, please add the following lines to you “BSM_EPL_PCL_EGL.vhd” file --edits for simulation library altera_mf; use altera_mf.all; library altera; use altera.all; Let me know if you are able to proceed with this. Thanks, Regards, Arslan
EDing
Partner

Thumbs up to you again, Arslan!​

MuhammadAr_U_Intel

Glad to know you are able to proceed with the suggested workaround.

Thanks,

Arslan

0 Kudos