Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

ADC toolkit - Max10 10M50DAF484C7G

gomezramones
Novice

Hi

So I want to see if I could configure everything ok in my ADC. I used platform designer for the configuration (I have a de10-lite eval board)

gomezramones_0-1674657839945.png

and create my top level entity 

gomezramones_1-1674657861218.png

gomezramones_3-1674659727338.png

and the compilation was successful. However, when I programmed and I click on Designer Platform --> Tools --> System Console --> ADC toolkit

the windows shows an error can't read buffer_width no such variable

gomezramones_2-1674659578300.png

this is the completed message

java.lang.Exception: can't read "buffer_width": no such variable while executing "expr {int(pow(2,$buffer_width))}" (in namespace eval "::adc_toolkit" script line 764) invoked from within "namespace eval ::adc_toolkit { #MOD - configuration info constants #set to see debug info set debug_mode 0 #set to use fake data set ..." java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.Exception: can't read "buffer_width": no such variable while executing "expr {int(pow(2,$buffer_width))}" (in namespace eval "::adc_toolkit" script line 764) invoked from within "namespace eval ::adc_toolkit { #MOD - configuration info constants #set to see debug info set debug_mode 0 #set to use fake data set ..." at com.altera.systemconsole.internal.core.SimpleFuture$Sync.innerGet(SimpleFuture.java:208) at com.altera.systemconsole.internal.core.SimpleFuture.getInternal(SimpleFuture.java:88) at com.altera.systemconsole.internal.core.SimpleFuture.get(SimpleFuture.java:61) at com.altera.systemconsole.toolkit.ToolkitLauncher.waitForScriptToFinish(ToolkitLauncher.java:285) at com.altera.systemconsole.toolkit.ToolkitLauncher.lambda$runScript$5(ToolkitLauncher.java:270) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750) Caused by: java.lang.Exception: can't read "buffer_width": no such variable while executing "expr {int(pow(2,$buffer_width))}" (in namespace eval "::adc_toolkit" script line 764) invoked from within "namespace eval ::adc_toolkit { #MOD - configuration info constants #set to see debug info set debug_mode 0 #set to use fake data set ..." at com.altera.systemconsole.scripting.ScriptEngine$5.run(ScriptEngine.java:589) at com.altera.tcl.interpreter.NativeTclWrapper.runEvent(NativeTclWrapper.java:341) at com.altera.tcl.interpreter.NativeTclWrapper.doOneEvent0(Native Method) at com.altera.tcl.interpreter.NativeTclWrapper.doOneEvent(NativeTclWrapper.java:355) at com.altera.tcl.interpreter.NativeTCLInterpreter.waitAndDoOneEvent(NativeTCLInterpreter.java:436) at com.altera.tcl.interpreter.InterpreterInstantiator$1.run(InterpreterInstantiator.java:59) ... 1 more

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

May I know which Quartus version are you using? Could you try to upgrade to the latest Quartus version 22.1 std and check if the issue reoccur.

Please re-generate in Qsys and re-compile the design, so the .sof and the toolkit are in sync with each other.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

May I know which Quartus version are you using? Could you try to upgrade to the latest Quartus version 22.1 std and check if the issue reoccur.

Please re-generate in Qsys and re-compile the design, so the .sof and the toolkit are in sync with each other.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

May I know does my latest reply helps?

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. I now transition this thread to community support.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
gomezramones
Novice

Hi. Sorry for the delay. I think it was not working since I was using a DE10-lite Eval board instead from Intel Eval Board. At the end I could test my ADC code and it is working fine

0 Kudos