Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

ALTERA_FP_FUNCTIONS reusability

MrZaiko
Beginner

Hello,

I'm working on Quartus v18.1. First, I'm sorry if this question is basic but I'm new and I cannot find any information on the web.

In my project, I use floating point components of Quartus such as altfp_add_sub and altfp_mult. They are very useful because with just the component declaration and instantiation, I can use them "out of the box". The files I'm writing need to directly work when put in another quartus project without particular settings.

Problem, when I was using altfp_mult, I had the problem described in this post : https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-Intellectual-Property/ALTFP-MULT-issues/m-p/121775#M9766%3Fwapkw=altfp_mult%20error

Following the advice, I'm using the ALTERA_FP_FUNCTIONS. But, is there a way to make it works the same way as altfp_add_sub without having to regenerate a component (using the ip catalog...) with the name used in the files for each new projects ?

Again I'm sorry if the question is basic but I'm quite lost,

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Sami,

Kindly check your email

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Sami,

Any update?

0 Kudos