Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
14947 Discussions

ALTERA_FP_FUNCTIONS reusability

MrZaiko
Beginner

Hello,

I'm working on Quartus v18.1. First, I'm sorry if this question is basic but I'm new and I cannot find any information on the web.

In my project, I use floating point components of Quartus such as altfp_add_sub and altfp_mult. They are very useful because with just the component declaration and instantiation, I can use them "out of the box". The files I'm writing need to directly work when put in another quartus project without particular settings.

Problem, when I was using altfp_mult, I had the problem described in this post : https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-Intellectual-Property/ALTFP-MULT-issues/m-p/121775#M9766%3Fwapkw...

Following the advice, I'm using the ALTERA_FP_FUNCTIONS. But, is there a way to make it works the same way as altfp_add_sub without having to regenerate a component (using the ip catalog...) with the name used in the files for each new projects ?

Again I'm sorry if the question is basic but I'm quite lost,

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SyafieqS_Intel

Hi Sami,

Kindly check your email

SyafieqS_Intel

Hi Sami,

Any update?