Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16842 Discussions

Altera Corporation APU USB Driver Not Signed

reschrei
Beginner

We are looking to deploy Quartus Prime Standard to a few labs in our environment. We are running into issues with a driver that's included in the Quartus Prime packages provided. We've seen this issue in versions 20.1.1 and 21.1.1 (Standard and Lite).

We are attempting to use the following hardware via USB A to B cable:

DE10-Lite (MAX 10 10M50DAF484C7G)

The drivers that seem to be required are the following:

Altera Corporation APU USB (included version does not work. Version 1.20.0.6)

• It seems this drivers signature is not valid and cannot be installed.

Altera USB-Blaster Device (included version works. Version 2.12.28)
Altera WinUSB JTAG cables (included version works)

We are unable to install the APU USB Driver without disabling Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows, which is not an option for us in our lab environments.

Is there a updated/signed version of this APU USB driver that we can use? If additional information is needed, please let me know. Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi reschrei,

This thread has been marked as inactive and will be transitioned to community support because there is no update received from you in a while.

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread.

If you feel your support experience was less than a 9 or 10, please allow me to correct it before closing or please let me know the cause so that I may improve your future support experience.

Thank You.

Regards,

Fakhrul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

The APU, IIRC, is the old Altera Programming Unit which isn't even used with MAX 10 devices.  You don't need a driver for that.  You only need the USB Blaster stuff.

0 Kudos
reschrei
Beginner

I'll check back with the folks using the equipment and verify.

With just the USB Blaster driver installed, the Quartus software will just hang and crash when attempting to open a new project. I'm not sure if there's something else we should be checking.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

It could just be a bad Quartus installation.  Uninstall and reinstall along with the MAX 10 .qdz (devices) file.

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi reschrei,

Could you please provide the screenshot of the error message? Also, what is your OS (Windows ver.)?

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi reschrei,

I wish to follow up with you about this case. Do you have any further questions on this matter? 

Please feel free to let me know if there is any concern so that we could further assist you. 

Otherwise, this thread will be marked as inactive and will be transitioned to community support because there is no update received from you in a while.

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi reschrei,

This thread has been marked as inactive and will be transitioned to community support because there is no update received from you in a while.

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread.

If you feel your support experience was less than a 9 or 10, please allow me to correct it before closing or please let me know the cause so that I may improve your future support experience.

Thank You.

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
reschrei
Beginner

Hi Fakhrul,

My apologies for the delay in getting back to this thread. I ended up out of the office for over a week.

I'll create a new thread to get this figured out.

Thank you.

0 Kudos