Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.

Board 'de1soc' not found.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello for anyone, 

my friends, What's this, i don't understand.
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

From what I can see, you are not at all supplying the --board switch with your board name in the command line. Also make sure that "board_spec.xml" does exist in the path that the "AOCL_BOARD_ROOT_PACKAGE" is pointing to; it seems in your case, AOC cannot find that file either. I am not sure but based on the error message, it seems you might have to use slash ("/") instead of backslash ("\") for the environmental variables related to AOC on windows.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for the reply, I used the "--board" switch as you suggested and compilation started. But this time I have another error, it says: "Error: Qsys-script FAILED.". I looked at the log file and there is the same error for different examples (boardtest, hello_world, etc.). There writes: "Error: add_connection acl_iface.kernel_irq boardtest_system.kernel_irq: No interface named acl_iface.kernel_irq." 

Any suggestions?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Please post the exact command line you are using, full "quartus_sh_compile.log", and also your version of Quartus. If you are using v16.1.0 or below, make sure to update to v16.1.1 first. If you are updating from a major version to a minor one (e.g. 16.1.0 to 16.1.1), make sure you install the update for both Quartus and AOC (they are separate).

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi HRZ, 

I was using version 16.0.0 and I upgraded to 16.1. I am using Terasic DE1-SoC board and trying to run the examples as explained in "http://www.terasic.com.tw/attachment/archive/836/DE1SOC_OpenCL_v02.pdf".My operating system is Windows 7 x64. I wrote the command "c:\intelFPGA\16.1\hld\board\terasic\de1soc\examples\boardtest>aoc device\boardtest.cl --sw-dimm-partition --board de1soc_sharedonly -o bin\boardtest.aocx" at command line. The result is the same as previous versions result, the error is: "Error: Qsys-script FAILED. Refer to boardtest/boardtest.log for details." I attached the log file. There is a difference in log file according to version 16.0.0. There was one error line in previous version, but now there is two error lines. 

Waiting for your help, thanks in advance.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There is another log file called "quartus_sh_compile.log"; please post that one since it includes a lot more debugging info. The errors seem to be related to some interface mismatch; looks like a BSP problem. Are you using the new BSP v16.0 from Terasic (http://cd-de1-soc.terasic.com/)?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi HRZ, 

I can't locate the log file "quartus_sh_compile.log". I searched for possible directories but could not found. Could you please write where to find the file. I am using the latest BSP, v16.0.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

That file should be in the same folder as the log that you posted earlier. In fact, you could zip (or better yet, 7-zip) the whole folder that is generated by the OpenCL compilation and attach that (skip any file inside it that is bigger than 20 MB). Also just to make sure, did you update to 16.1.0 or 16.1.1? The former does not work at all with OpenCL and you have to use 16.1.1. Please post the output of "aoc --version" command to make sure the OpenCL compiler has been updated correctly.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi HRZ, 

I have updated Quartus and AOCL to version 16.1.2 since I can't download 16.1.1 updates. "aoc --version" 's output is: "Intel(R) FPGA SDK for OpenCL(TM), 64-Bit Offline Compiler Version 16.1.2 Build 203 Copyright (C) 2017 Intel Corporation". Compilation error stil continues. I have zipped the output folder and attached. The log file you wrote is missing in that folder. Am I doing something wrong or missing any steps?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Okay, I didn't realize 16.1.2 was also out but that should also be okay. I tried the boardtest with Terasic's BSP on my own environment (though I am on Linux), it certainly works and does not give the error you get. I believe there must be some issue with either your environment or the way you have installed the BSP. Have you followed the steps in Terasic's OpenCL User Manual, Section 2.1 Software Installation, properly? I recommend reading and following those steps again and paying extra attention when setting the environmental variables. If it doesn't fix your problem, you should contact Terasic directly, this might be some windows-specific issue. 

P.S. It seems the quartus_sh_compile.log file is not generated for SoCs.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi eng.enarco. 

To answer your original question, you can simply rename the folder 'de1soc_sharedonly' to 'de1soc'. Then the board will be found.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks for all your support 

The problem from Windows system, I changed operating system, I used Linux system, the error it was dissolved. 

Best Regards
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

can you please tell me the how to supplying the --board switch with my board name in the command line?