Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Building hello_world issue with embedded_command_shell

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I have tried building hello_world host as well as other examples from de10_nano BSP. However, none of them were built successfully.  

They all met the same question:  

$ make 

arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++: 閿欒锛?libpath:E:/intelFPGA/17.1/hld/host/windows64/l 

ib锛欼nvalid argument 

arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++: 閿欒锛歄penCL.lib锛歂o such file or directory 

make: *** [bin/hello_world] Error 1 

Please help me get rid of the issue above. Thanks a lot! 

There is another problem : 

g++ ./host/main.o ../common/ocl_util.o ../common/timer.o -o run /libpath:E:/in 

telFPGA/17.1/hld/host/windows64/lib OpenCL.lib -lacl_emulator_kernel_rt 

g++: error:/libpath:E:/intelFPGA/17.1/hld/host/windows64/lib:No such file or di 

rectory 

g++: error:OpenCL.lib:No such file or directory 

make: *** [run] Error 1 

How can I solve that? Please help me. Thanks a lot!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Your environment does not seem to be set correctly. Follow Terasic's guides to set up your environment.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Your environment does not seem to be set correctly. Follow Terasic's guides to set up your environment. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks for your answer. The environment I followed is the document named DE10-Nano OpenCL User Manual.pdf which I downloaded from the official website. I have set the environment AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT, LM_LICENSE_FILE, INTELFPGAOCLSDKROOT. As well as the two directories have been added into the PATH.  

I can compile all the kernels to generate aocx file but I have never get the host files compiled. Is there anything wrong? Looking forward to your reply.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You seem to have some Chinese characters in your path variables. It is likely that the compiler cannot parse such characters correctly. Apart from that, you seem to be using Cygwin on Windows. I am not sure if that is a supported method for compiling kernels against Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL.

0 Kudos