Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

[CDC] How can I do Cross Domain Checks in Quartus?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi All, 

How can I perform Cross Domain Checks in Quartus? What's the flow? Is there tutorial for that? 

Thank you!
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What sort of checks are you expecting to perform? Domain crossing is something you need to handle in your design, not in your checking. 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

"Domain crossing is something you need to handle in your design" - This is exactly I want to check ...  

For example, I want to check a precense of synchronizers between clock domains...  

I know Xilinx support CDC checks. Do the checks supported byy Altera as well?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There's a new CDC viewer in the timing analyzer (aka TimeQuest). Maybe that's what you want/need.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The Quartus II Design Assistant do also some checking between asynchronous clock domains. 

You can enable them in Assignments/Settings ...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In the Design Assistant, there is an option 'Run Design Assistant during compilation'. Should I enable it? If it's not enabled, will the listed checked be not performed at all?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Design Assistant can either run automatically during compilation if that option is turned on or manually after compilation from the Processing menu.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

what's flow it's better - letting the Design Assistant run automatically during compilation or run it when all the flow was finished?  

Does it have a big impact on the compilation time?  

In the project, which I'm working on, all the options are checked/selected on (including the automatically run)... Is it possible to know how time was spent on that (besides 'try&see')? 

Does Quartus report how long time it spend on each stage?
0 Kudos