Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

[COMPILE] Error: DSP Builder

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi again! 

I get an error when tying to compile with the flag -c: 

aoc -v -c cluster_k.cl 

then: 

Internal Error: DSP Builder for Intel(R) FPGAs - Advanced Blockset Internal Restriction: 'm_startVec.size() > 0' in commonBackend::EnumerateLatencyConstraints::Private::beginSetIteration at p4/ip/aion/src/mip_common/latency_constraint_iterator.cpp:268.  

Error: DSP Builder for Intel(R) FPGAs - Advanced Blockset Internal Restriction: 'm_startVec.size() > 0' in commonBackend::EnumerateLatencyConstraints::Private::beginSetIteration at p4/ip/aion/src/mip_common/latency_constraint_iterator.cpp:268.  

the line that is causing this error is: 

b2 = ceil(components * tolerance); 

components is an integer that is incremented through a loop, tolerance is a constant double. 

Whats the problem with the above line? (Also b2 is integer) 

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This looks like a bug in the compiler. Try the latest version of Quartus, v17.1. If you still got the same error, open a support ticket with Altera and report it.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

This looks like a bug in the compiler. Try the latest version of Quartus, v17.1. If you still got the same error, open a support ticket with Altera and report it. 

--- Quote End ---  

from the specification, they say that the return value and arguments must be of the same type.. 

https://www.khronos.org/registry/opencl/sdk/2.0/docs/man/xhtml/ceil.html 

So i changed it and no problem. Thanks HRZ :cool:
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Excuse me, could you tell me how to open a support ticket with Altera? I met a same question with you.  

Thank you very much!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Excuse me, could you tell me how to open a support ticket with Altera? I met a same question whether Quartus 16.0 or 17.0 can solve the error.  

Thank you very much!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Excuse me, could you tell me how to open a support ticket with Altera? I met a same question whether Quartus 16.0 or 17.0 can solve the error.  

Thank you very much! 

--- Quote End ---  

Go to altera.com, create an account, log in, and open a service request.
0 Kudos