Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16595 Discussions

Can not generate the .jic file in lite version of 22.1 for cyclone V

MSheh4
Beginner

Hi Dear,

I am having an issue with the lite 22.1 version, while generating the jic file using Convert Programming File tool. I got the following error   

Error (23065): Remote update mode must have a factory configuration page (Page 0) and the page address must start at 0x20.

Also, this error is appearing in lite 22.1 and does not appear in lite 21.1 or below

After going through the forums I found similar error but this is for Arria® 10 and Cyclone® 10 GX devices.

https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/support/programmable/articles/000087473.html

When I try to apply the above resolution I got a message that the page address for the selected flash chip is not correct (I am using MT25QL256).

Can you please help me with this issue?

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Please use Generic Serial Flash Interface for 3rd party flash:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683419/21-2-20-1-1/user-guide.html

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
Rick9
Beginner

Did you manage to find a solution to this problem? If so, can you share it?

I am getting the same error for a Cyclone V project that I am updating from 18.1 to 22.1. From the knowledge base link you shared it looks that there is some hardware issue with Cyclone/Arria 10 that they work around with an extra check. But somehow this check also triggers when targeting Cyclone V.

If I try to change the address to 0x20 as suggested I get this: Page start address 20 is not a valid block address for the MT25QL512 flash device

0 Kudos
MSheh4
Beginner

Hi, 

Sorry, I was not able to find the solution for this problem. I am still using version 21.1. 

Thanks

0 Kudos