Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16592 Discussions

Can't install Quartus web 13.0 on CentOS 6.3

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have successfully download the package, and I attempted to run the installation procedure by running the setup.sh script, but it nothing seems to happen - I am brought back to the shell prompt immediately. I have tried as both regular user and as root. 

I am using CentOS 6.3, 64-bit.  

I have searched on the forums for information related to CentOS and Quartus, and I did see one that mentioned someone had gotten it installed and working, but no details. 

Any ideas would be most welcome. 

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

search for the symptoms you described on the web. I had same the problem with Fedora 17. I had to chmod +x several files before it worked.  

Let me know if you get it installed. I cannot get Qsys to run on Fedora, so I may move to Centos or Ubuntu
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Well, I did look for anything remotely similar, but came up empty. 

I did check the permission bits on the files (setup.sh, QuartusSetupWeb-13.0.0.156.run), and they have the correct read and executable bits set. 

Thanks for responding, though.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Quick Note: 

I ran the "file" command on the QuartusSetupWeb-13.0.0.156.run executable and found that it was a 32-bit executable. That may be problematic for a 64-bit machine. 

So, the combined file, Quartus-web-13.0.0.156-linux.tar, may not be a good idea after all (although there is no guarantee that the individual files will fare any better). 

A bit disillusioned.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

do you have any update? 

can you post what you are getting when you try to run the install?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi ppitou, 

I'm getting nothing when I execute the install script - as in: no output, no error messages, etc. It just comes right back to the shell prompt. That's all there is. 

The only clue that I have is that the executable is apparently 32-bit, and I am using 64-bit CentOS - theoretically, I think that you can still run a 32-bit executable, but it should spit out some sort of error message if it doesn't have the necessary support libs. 

Don't know what I else I can tell you - it just plain doesn't work. And I get the impression that perhaps it isn't a pressing issue for Altera. Sorry. 

Thanks for following up, though. 

Cheers, 

g.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi gwicks, 

I ran into the same issue when I was trying to install Quartus 13.0 on my laptop running Centos 6.4 (64-bits).  

After installing the compat--libstdc++-33.i686 package I was able to run the setup.  

All the required packages are listed on page 1-4 of the Quartus installation manual. 

I hope this helps.  

Best Regards, 

Marco
0 Kudos