Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Can we define custom libraries for custom IPs in Platform Designer?

CSoti
Novice

When I add a custom IP under platform designer I also add the source files for the accompanying custom libraries, but it is not clear if in synthesis the libraries are compiled under the library name or under "work". Can this somehow be defined so that it is clear how these source file are propagated for synthesis under Quartus?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GuaBin_N_Intel
Employee
Refer to https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-qpp-platform-designer.pdf, 2.7.1 Specify HDL Files for Synthesis, any source file either hdl or other files that included in the synthesis file tab will be generated in an instant name folder under Qsys system
0 Kudos
CSoti
Novice

Thank you, I have already done that but it didn't seem to generate a library to refer to in Quartus. When I exported the project to be simulated in Modelsim I had to add the library by hand in both quartus and modelsim in order to be able to compile and simulate. Can I define a library with a specific name in a specific folder as I add the list of files as I add them for the custom IP? From the GUI this doesn't seem to be the case but if I could do it through a script it should also work.

0 Kudos
GuaBin_N_Intel
Employee
I don't see there is no such option to copy over to a specific folder name.
0 Kudos