Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Cannot install Quartus Prime Lite 20.1

kevhua36
Beginner

I am having trouble installing Quartus Prime Lite 20.1

I have downloaded the Quartus prime (includes Nios II EDS), the ModelSim, and max 10 FPGA device support. However, when I run the quartuslitesetup, it shows me the opening screen before closing.

kevhua36_1-1631462115581.png

I tried downloading the combined files and running setup.bat however the same thing happens.

Then I decided to follow some youtube videos online, where some videos run the other setups first (like the help), however, the same opening screens pop up before closing.

I tried deleting and reinstalling all these files again and even decided to go to a different version (20.1.1) of Quartus Prime Lite for the same thing to happen still.

What do I do? Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

What is your computer setup (hardware, OS)?

I'd try downloading Quartus again.  Perhaps you have a corrupted download.

0 Kudos
kevhua36
Beginner

Im trying to download quartus on a lenovo thinkpad T470. Windows 10. 

Don't think I have a corrupted download since I was able to download it on a different laptop (temporary) from the same source. (https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/20.1/?edition=lite&platform=windows)

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Did you uninstalled them correctly? Please check in control panel> uninstall program, and uninstall them and reinstall.

Alternatively, if possible you could try to download on another PC to see if the installation would be successful there.

0 Kudos
kevhua36
Beginner

I have never installed Quartus in the beginning so there was no way I could uninstall anyways.

As for downloading on another PC, I was able to download it on a temporary laptop which was a Lenovo Thinkpad T450.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Can you also install Quartus on that temporary laptop?

Is this your personal laptop or working laptop that the installation was not working? 

0 Kudos
kevhua36
Beginner

I can download quartus on my temporary laptop but not on my personal laptop as the installer won't work.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Did you try to install in the temporary laptop? Did it work there?

Can you try a different version?

0 Kudos
noahelec
Beginner

Is this problem solved? Same thing happened to me.

0 Kudos