Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15479 Discussions

Cannot install Quartus Prime Lite 20.1

kevhua36
Beginner

I am having trouble installing Quartus Prime Lite 20.1

I have downloaded the Quartus prime (includes Nios II EDS), the ModelSim, and max 10 FPGA device support. However, when I run the quartuslitesetup, it shows me the opening screen before closing.

kevhua36_1-1631462115581.png

I tried downloading the combined files and running setup.bat however the same thing happens.

Then I decided to follow some youtube videos online, where some videos run the other setups first (like the help), however, the same opening screens pop up before closing.

I tried deleting and reinstalling all these files again and even decided to go to a different version (20.1.1) of Quartus Prime Lite for the same thing to happen still.

What do I do? Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

What is your computer setup (hardware, OS)?

I'd try downloading Quartus again.  Perhaps you have a corrupted download.

kevhua36
Beginner

Im trying to download quartus on a lenovo thinkpad T470. Windows 10. 

Don't think I have a corrupted download since I was able to download it on a different laptop (temporary) from the same source. (https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/20.1/?edition=lite&platform=windows)

EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Did you uninstalled them correctly? Please check in control panel> uninstall program, and uninstall them and reinstall.

Alternatively, if possible you could try to download on another PC to see if the installation would be successful there.

kevhua36
Beginner

I have never installed Quartus in the beginning so there was no way I could uninstall anyways.

As for downloading on another PC, I was able to download it on a temporary laptop which was a Lenovo Thinkpad T450.

EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Can you also install Quartus on that temporary laptop?

Is this your personal laptop or working laptop that the installation was not working? 

kevhua36
Beginner

I can download quartus on my temporary laptop but not on my personal laptop as the installer won't work.

EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Did you try to install in the temporary laptop? Did it work there?

Can you try a different version?