Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16842 Discussions

Compiler problems with Quartus Prime Lite Edition (getting Can't fit design in device error)

BlutoBlutarski
Beginner

I am attempting to complile VHDL code for Cyclone 10 LP FPGA using Quartus Prime Lite Edition.

When I attempt to compile I get two error messages that say:

" 171000 Can't fit design in device"

"169130 Configuration mode specified as Remote but remote update block is not found in design"

I had compiled the same code previously with no problems.

The only change that I did was to change the assignment of eight pins using the Pin Planner utility in Quartus Prime Lite Edition.

Also, when I change the pin assignment back to the original pin assignment I still get the same errors during compilation.

I need help troubleshooting these error messages that appear during compilation of the VHDL code.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BlutoBlutarski
Beginner

I am using QUARTUS Prime Version 18.0.0 Build 614 04/24/2018 SJ Lite Edition

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Need to see code or the errors.  Usually there are follow-on error messages that provide more detail.

0 Kudos
FvM
Honored Contributor I

Unlikely that exactly the same code compiled successfully before. Something has changed. As for "can't fit", the complete error message tells which resource conflict causes the failure. Regarding missing remote update block, I would believe the message. You can reset the configuration mode to standard for test.

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Does above comment help?

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer provided. Please login to https://supporttickets.intel.com , view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution, give Kudos and rate 4/5 survey

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos