Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Compiling under Quartus II versions 7.1 and 8.1

Ghayal
Beginner

If there is no issue with this, can someone compile my small project under Quartus II  Versions 7.1 and 8.1 and return POF/JAM file to me? I would like to use the POF file in programming EPM570GT100C4  (A MAX IIG device) , and compare it with the POF file generated by me under latest Quartus Prime Lite version which allows me to select only its MAX II device counterpart.  If willing, please let me know. I will attach a compressed version of the project. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The Quartus versions that you are asking for are way too old and not available now. May I know the reason why you need such an old tool?

Regards

0 Kudos
Ghayal
Beginner

Hi,

We are required to program EPM570GT100 devices which is a MAX IIG device. I want to re-compile the project selecting this device in Quartus Prime Lite.  But it is not allowing me the option of selecting this device.  I even tried to do it in Quartus II V 13.1 by downloading this version. Faced the same issue. I am hoping that V 7.1 or V 8.1 of Quartus II will allow me to select the IIG device and compile.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

MAXIIG device can be enabled in Quartus Prime by adding device password in quartus.ini to the project folder. I have checked in Quartus 21.1 Standard Edition. See the screen shot below.

Ash_R_Intel_0-1650006794817.png

If it is ok for you to switch to 21.1std, I can provide you the password. Please confirm.

Regards

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You can also try the password in Lite edition and see if it works for you. Else, you need to move to Standard edition.

Regards

0 Kudos
Ghayal
Beginner

Hi Ash,

If it can work with Quartus Prime 21.1 Lite then please do provide. I need to compare the POF/JAM files generated for MAX IIG and MAX II devices. Someone was saying they are identical for the G and non-G devices identical in capacity and pins. But I doubt. Hence would like to verify myself.

Regards, 

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Sent quartus.ini through email. Kindly check.

0 Kudos