Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Convert Programming File to Internal Configuration via quartus_cpf.exe?

TKapi
Novice

Dears,

is there a procedure to generate files for "Internal Configuration (Max10)" using quartus_cpf.exe (or from another command line application)?

Now, I must:

1) generate manual on "Converting Programming Files window" (see atached file..)

2) run bat file, where: convert * .rpt to * .hex and run uploader.exe

Step 1) is "too long" and must be docummented. Generating via quartus_cpf.exe could be moved to a bat file 2) and be easy for another developpers.

Thank you, Tomas

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

This article talks about adding quartus_cpf to a Tcl script to run during compilation:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd10312014_481.html

Does that help? There may be other options available for scripting. Run "<install dir>\quartus\bin64\quartus_sh --qhelp" from the Run window or command line to see the built-in scripting help for all Quartus executables and equivalent Tcl commands.

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
TKapi
Novice

Great, that's easy and it works. Thank You!

Tomas

0 Kudos
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi TKapi,

To convert multiple sof files into a .pof:

• use a Conversion Setup File (.cof) created with the Convert Programming Files dialog box in the GUI

And run command below:

quartus_cpf -c <input_cof_file>

i.e. quartus_cpf -c output_file.cof  

To convert single a .sof into a .pof:

run command below:

quartus_cpf -c <input_sof_file> <output file pof>

i.e quartus_cpf -c blinkLED.sof output.pof 

Thanks

0 Kudos