Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15544 Discussions

Convert Programming File to Internal Configuration via quartus_cpf.exe?

TKapi
Novice

Dears,

is there a procedure to generate files for "Internal Configuration (Max10)" using quartus_cpf.exe (or from another command line application)?

Now, I must:

1) generate manual on "Converting Programming Files window" (see atached file..)

2) run bat file, where: convert * .rpt to * .hex and run uploader.exe

Step 1) is "too long" and must be docummented. Generating via quartus_cpf.exe could be moved to a bat file 2) and be easy for another developpers.

Thank you, Tomas

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

This article talks about adding quartus_cpf to a Tcl script to run during compilation:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/soluti...

Does that help? There may be other options available for scripting. Run "<install dir>\quartus\bin64\quartus_sh --qhelp" from the Run window or command line to see the built-in scripting help for all Quartus executables and equivalent Tcl commands.

#iwork4intel

TKapi
Novice

Great, that's easy and it works. Thank You!

Tomas

ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi TKapi,

To convert multiple sof files into a .pof:

• use a Conversion Setup File (.cof) created with the Convert Programming Files dialog box in the GUI

And run command below:

quartus_cpf -c <input_cof_file>

i.e. quartus_cpf -c output_file.cof  

To convert single a .sof into a .pof:

run command below:

quartus_cpf -c <input_sof_file> <output file pof>

i.e quartus_cpf -c blinkLED.sof output.pof 

Thanks