Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Converting a BDF diagram to HDL for simulation in Quartus Prime Pro >= v20.4

pnp
Novice

I have a legacy .bdf in my design that I need to simulate. In Quartus II, I could do this with File | Create/Update | Create HDL Design File for current file.  In Quartus Prime Pro 20.4, this option is disabled with the .bdf open as the current file:

bdf.png

Is there another way to generate an HDL file from a .bdf with the current tools? 

Quartus Prime Pro 20.4 is able to synthesize this .bdf.

Thanks,

Paul

1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @pnp 

Unfortunately, Quartus Pro does not support this feature a few years ago. 

The current workaround is to convert it in Quartus Standard Edition and add the HDL files back to Quartus Pro. 

It is a bit tedious and I am sorry if it cause any inconvenience. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @pnp 

Unfortunately, Quartus Pro does not support this feature a few years ago. 

The current workaround is to convert it in Quartus Standard Edition and add the HDL files back to Quartus Pro. 

It is a bit tedious and I am sorry if it cause any inconvenience. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

pnp
Novice

Richard,

Thanks for confirming that. I will keep this in mind--it gives me even more motivation to rewrite these old modules in SystemVerilog

I was able to get to the cause of my issue through the use of SignalTap instead of the simulator, which I posted here. It looks like that bus reversal may be a bug in the software. 

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @pnp 

Thank for confirming the answer that I have provided previously. I believe another agent will look into your other case and they will help to address your question soon. 

With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos
pnp
Novice

Thanks, Richard. I appreciate your help with that.

Paul

0 Kudos