Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Could not acquire a valid license for Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, my environment is Win7 64 bit, I am a floating license set on my computer, hostname is the name of my computer, hostid is the MAC address of my computer. 

I set the correct variable according to aocl_getting_started in LM_LICENSE_FILE and can use it correctly when opening Quartus Prime 17.0. 

I am sure that I have the correct OpenCL SDK license in my license and it is within the valid period. But when I execute the "aoc device\vector_add.cl -o bin\vector_add.aocx --board de10_nano_sharedonly --repor" command, "Could not acquire a valid license for Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL" appears. 

Is there any way to solve this problem?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can download the Opencl 17.1 or the latest OpenCL 18.0 SDK. It doesnt require license.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Does it require the latest Quartus license, which contains OpenCL fields?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you are working with Arria or Stratix series FPGAs, you will need Quartus Pro to analyze the synthesis files. You would not require Quartus Pro license for compiling or running OpenCL program.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello, my environment is Win7 64 bit, I am a floating license set on my computer, hostname is the name of my computer, hostid is the MAC address of my computer. 

I set the correct variable according to aocl_getting_started in LM_LICENSE_FILE and can use it correctly when opening Quartus Prime 17.0. 

I am sure that I have the correct OpenCL SDK license in my license and it is within the valid period. But when I execute the "aoc device\vector_add.cl -o bin\vector_add.aocx --board de10_nano_sharedonly --repor" command, "Could not acquire a valid license for Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL" appears. 

Is there any way to solve this problem? 

--- Quote End ---  

Have you made sure the license manager is correctly installed and working? Also you probably need to make exceptions for the license manager in Windows Firewall. 

--- Quote Start ---  

If you are working with Arria or Stratix series FPGAs, you will need Quartus Pro to analyze the synthesis files. You would not require Quartus Pro license for compiling or running OpenCL program. 

--- Quote End ---  

Actually you always need a Quartus license to use OpenCL, even if you use the new versions which do not require an OpenCL license anymore, or else you can just compile the OpenCL design to verilog (i.e. aoc -c) but cannot place and route it. For everything up to Stratix V you need a Quartus Prime standard license, and for anything released after that (Arria 10, Stratix 10, etc.) you need a Quartus Prime Pro license.
0 Kudos