Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15397 Discussions

Custom USB Blaster clone problem with quartus

oxzz
Beginner
hello, i am making clone usb blaster with ft245 and epm7064. its work perfectly and recognized by quartus programmer 16.1

the problem started when i change device descriptor product from "USB-Blaster" to "MB Prog V2", now quartus not detecting any hardware. but when i rename device descriptor back again to "USB-Blaster" quartus will recognized the hardware .

i think its about jtag_hw_usb-blaster.dll, because some programmer give .dll like "arrow usb programmer" and "USB-JTAG MBFTDI"

anyone with reference how to start making .dll or just about how can custom jtag programmer can be recognized by quartus will be helpfull for me.

thank you .
0 Kudos
1 Reply
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Apologize that we do not support custom USB Blaster. I am now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.