Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Cyclone V device is not installed in Quartus 19.1 Prime with Window 11 computer

jks1
Beginner

I have a new computer with Window 11,

I install Quartus 19.1.0.670 and 19.1std-0.02std-window.

I show  “cyclone-19.1.0.670.qdz” file in the same directory, but Quartus doesn’t recognize the Cyclone V device.

I remember I had same problem before.

I try to install Cyclone V device using Device Installer in Apps, but It denies installing it because the tool indicates Cyclone V is already installed.

Do you know the solution?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

So during Quartus installation, does the installer ask you if you want to install Cyclone devices because it sees the .qdz file?  And if the installation is successful, are you saying that when you create a new project, you can't select a Cyclone V device?

Note that there is a Cyclone download and a separate Cyclone V download (your message mentions just "cyclone" not "cyclonev"):

Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 10.37.34 AM.png

And finally, Quartus, especially back with 19.1, is not officially supported in Windows 11.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

From the download page,

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software-kit/664522/intel-quartus-prime-standard-edition-design-software-version-19-1-for-windows.html

“cyclone-19.1.0.670.qdz” is for Cyclone IV device, not Cyclone V.

The correct .qdz file name for cyclone V is “cyclonev-19.1.0.670.qdz”.

If the tool indicates that Cyclone V is already installed, shouldn't you be able to open a new project with Cyclone V device selected?

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

Please do expert delay in response due to lunar new year.

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. I now transition this thread to community support. Please login to https://supporttickets.intel.com, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos