Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16595 Discussions

CycloneV (5CEBA2F23C7) is used. I want to use a configuration pin as a user pin. Pin number is not displayed in Pin Planner. Even if defined in the qsf file, a fitting error occurs.

KKato8
Beginner

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Katuhiko,

Do you mean you want Nios II processor application execute-in-place from EPCQ flash??

Please refer to the Configuration user guide for information.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/lro1432739743862.html

We are going away from subject of the question. Please open a new case for new questions Which will help the community.

Regards

Anand

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KKato8
Beginner

The pin you want to use

1.AS_DATA0 / ASDO (AB4)

2.DCLK (V3)

3.AS_DATA1 (AB3)

4.nCSO (R4)

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Kato,

Those pins are not dual-purpose pin check pin connection guidelines. So we can't use it as user pins.

However, we pin DATA[5:15] as user pin.

Go to Quartus II Assignments menu -> Device -> Device and Pin Options -> Dual-Purpose Pins window, choose the value "Use as regular I/O".

Regards

Anand

KKato8
Beginner

Thank you very much.

I want to write an NIOS program to an empty area of the config ROM.

Cyclone III (EP3C16F484C6N) could use the configuration pin

(It was a dual-purpose pin)

Can the CycloneV configuration ROM be used for NIOS?

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Katuhiko,

Do you mean you want Nios II processor application execute-in-place from EPCQ flash??

Please refer to the Configuration user guide for information.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/lro1432739743862.html

We are going away from subject of the question. Please open a new case for new questions Which will help the community.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos