Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15461 Discussions

CycloneV (5CEBA2F23C7) is used. I want to use a configuration pin as a user pin. Pin number is not displayed in Pin Planner. Even if defined in the qsf file, a fitting error occurs.

KKato8
Beginner

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Katuhiko,

Do you mean you want Nios II processor application execute-in-place from EPCQ flash??

Please refer to the Configuration user guide for information.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/lro1432739743862.html

We are going away from subject of the question. Please open a new case for new questions Which will help the community.

Regards

Anand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KKato8
Beginner

The pin you want to use

1.AS_DATA0 / ASDO (AB4)

2.DCLK (V3)

3.AS_DATA1 (AB3)

4.nCSO (R4)

AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Kato,

Those pins are not dual-purpose pin check pin connection guidelines. So we can't use it as user pins.

However, we pin DATA[5:15] as user pin.

Go to Quartus II Assignments menu -> Device -> Device and Pin Options -> Dual-Purpose Pins window, choose the value "Use as regular I/O".

Regards

Anand

KKato8
Beginner

Thank you very much.

I want to write an NIOS program to an empty area of the config ROM.

Cyclone III (EP3C16F484C6N) could use the configuration pin

(It was a dual-purpose pin)

Can the CycloneV configuration ROM be used for NIOS?

AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Katuhiko,

Do you mean you want Nios II processor application execute-in-place from EPCQ flash??

Please refer to the Configuration user guide for information.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/lro1432739743862.html

We are going away from subject of the question. Please open a new case for new questions Which will help the community.

Regards

Anand