Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15334 Discussions

DDR differential pin assignments

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I instantiated a DDR3 hard IP and compiled it. Certain pin such as MEM_CK and MEM_CKN are considered differential pairs and Quartus labeled them as "Differential 1.5V-SSTL". But instead of labeling MEM_CK+MEM_CKN as a pair, it created new pairs like MEM_CK+MEM_CK[n] in addition to MEM_CKN+MEM_CKN[n]. How do I get it to pair correctly? Just editing the names in pin planner doesn't do anything.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Nevermind. I figured it out. Just back-annotate in pin planner then edit the qsf by hand.

MStof1
Beginner

I'm having the same problem.  However, I am not able to back-annotate - it's grayed out.  How do I get rid of these extra signals?  I have the signals I want connected to pins, but the pin planner doesn't consider them to be differential pairs eve though the I/O standard shows them as differential.