Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16720 Discussions

DSE (Design Space Explorer) Limited Settings available

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In the DSE settings dialog box I'm only seeing two options for Effort Level (when the Search for Best Performance button is selected): Low (Seed Sweep) and Medium (Extra Effort Space). 

On a different design, with the same tool I see several more options to select. One design (with the limited settings) is a Cyclone III LS. The design that allows more options is for a Cyclone III. 

Any ideas on why this is and how to enable the more complete option set for my Cyclone III LS case? 

I'm running Quartus 11.1 SP2. 

Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I would like the answer to the same question. 

The difference between my two designs is that one is for the Cyclone III, and the other for the Cyclone IV Gx. 

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Just got reply from Altera, and it looks like the reduced the number of options in DSE starting with the Cyclone III LS. 

My fae is checking to see if there's a workaround, otherwise you can write a tcl file to do batch compilations, and then manually compare the results. 

Sorry...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Note that the source code for dse is included with the Quartus install: 

quartus/common/tcl/apps/dse/dse.tcl 

The license text at the top of the file says you are allowed to make changes so it sounds like it should be quite easy to make Cyclone III LS show the same options as Cyclone III. That being said there may be a reason why some spaces are omitted (e.g. the compiler itself might not support those options(?)).
0 Kudos