Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Does Platform Designer (QSYS) support AMBA APB and AMBA AHB?

gyuunyuu
New Contributor II

As far as I am aware, Qsys supports Avalon, AXI3 and AXI4 natively. However, I am not sure if it can support other interfaces like AMBA APB, AMBA AHB and Wishbone. Does Qsys have support for these interfaces at all?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III
0 Kudos
gyuunyuu
New Contributor II

That is interesting. What about AHB-Lite? Also, is there a bridge component to convert between AXI and these older interfaces AHB and APB? I think that a bridge component is usually required.

Finally, where are the BFMs that can be used to verify AHB and APB interface components? I have not seen any BFMs for these yet.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I don't think there are bridges or BFMs for them.  Just check the Platform Designer IP Catalog.

0 Kudos
gyuunyuu
New Contributor II

Xilinx seem to have a bridge componet for this and Microsemi also seem to have one. I did not expect that it would be missing with Altera/Intel.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

I can submit enhancement for BFM AHB. Anymore request that you want to see?

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that we have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos