Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15542 Discussions

Does anyone have a problem with the Quartus Prime GUI not starting?

TWatt3
Novice

I am using Quartus Prime software 18.0 Lite version.​  When I start the Quartus Prime software, the initial Intel window pops up, but then nothing happens.  I tried re-booting my computer, but no change.  Any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
TWatt3
Novice

​Actually I am using Quartus Prime Lite 18.1 software

TWatt3
Novice

​I uninstalled the Quartus software and reinstalled it.  Then the GUI opened properly.

Then I exited the software and tried to reopen it, now the GUI does not open.

Help!

AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi @TWatt3​ ,

Can you please provided environment details.

I have checked it with windows 10 and Ubuntu 14.04 lts environment.it's working fine for me.

Regards

Anand

TWatt3
Novice

​Hi Anand,

I am using Windows 10.

It works the first time after I install the software, but not after that.  I suspect that some monitoring software IT is running may be preventing it from starting.  Still need to verify this.

Thanks.

Todd Watts

AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

​Thanks for update Todd Watts.

Yes, It could be due to IT software. Can you disconnect your pc/laptop from office network and check. So that we can confirm if it is IT related issue or something else.

Regards

Anand

TWatt3
Novice

​I ran the Quartus Prime software as administrator and now it works.

Thanks.

Todd Watts