Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdmadman
Beginner

Why is Q Prime installation stalling?

Trying to install Quartus Prime on a Windows 10 laptop. Downloaded install files directly because Akamai downloader failed. I have to get an admin to grant installation permission. When I start the Setup exe file (run as administator), it takes several minutes for the admin permission pop-up (Avecto). After IT guy puts in password, granting permission, no installer windows occur, even after waiting overnight! And yet, the installer is taking up 30+% of CPU. What's interfering with the installation?

Cheers!

MADman

0 Kudos
11 Replies

Hi sdmadman,

Can you disable all the software running behind and antivirus before installation?

Thanks

Hi, May I know if you have any updates? Thanks
sdmadman
Beginner

​No update so far. I can't disable McAfee anti-virus (blocked by system policies). It does look like anti-virus is slowing or maybe stopping installation.

Hi, Can you request to disable the anti virus? Thanks.
sdmadman
Beginner

I can't disable anti-virus, and neither can my local admin. He's looking into the possibility of running the installation from inside Avecto.

I'd like to point out that installing Mentor Expedition was trouble-free, in spite of the anti-virus SW running, so it's possible to install applications if the installer behaves less like a virus. FWIW, the AV is McAfee, Data Exchange 4.1, Agent 5.5, Endpoint 10.6

Hi, Any updates? Thanks.
sdmadman
Beginner

No update. IT can't disable McAfee and doesn't know how to get around this.

Hi,

Can you add the software in the exclusion list?

Thanks

Hi, Any updates? Thanks.
sdmadman
Beginner

​Finally installed successfully after someone else logged into LT - without disabling anti-virus. Something about my first unsuccessful attempt blocked subsequent attempts. Registry, maybe?

Glad to hear that the installation is successful