Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

Why is Q Prime installation stalling?

sdmadman
Beginner

Trying to install Quartus Prime on a Windows 10 laptop. Downloaded install files directly because Akamai downloader failed. I have to get an admin to grant installation permission. When I start the Setup exe file (run as administator), it takes several minutes for the admin permission pop-up (Avecto). After IT guy puts in password, granting permission, no installer windows occur, even after waiting overnight! And yet, the installer is taking up 30+% of CPU. What's interfering with the installation?

Cheers!

MADman

0 Kudos
11 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi sdmadman,

Can you disable all the software running behind and antivirus before installation?

Thanks

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel
Hi, May I know if you have any updates? Thanks
0 Kudos
sdmadman
Beginner

​No update so far. I can't disable McAfee anti-virus (blocked by system policies). It does look like anti-virus is slowing or maybe stopping installation.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel
Hi, Can you request to disable the anti virus? Thanks.
0 Kudos
sdmadman
Beginner

I can't disable anti-virus, and neither can my local admin. He's looking into the possibility of running the installation from inside Avecto.

I'd like to point out that installing Mentor Expedition was trouble-free, in spite of the anti-virus SW running, so it's possible to install applications if the installer behaves less like a virus. FWIW, the AV is McAfee, Data Exchange 4.1, Agent 5.5, Endpoint 10.6

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel
Hi, Any updates? Thanks.
0 Kudos
sdmadman
Beginner

No update. IT can't disable McAfee and doesn't know how to get around this.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Can you add the software in the exclusion list?

Thanks

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel
Hi, Any updates? Thanks.
0 Kudos
sdmadman
Beginner

​Finally installed successfully after someone else logged into LT - without disabling anti-virus. Something about my first unsuccessful attempt blocked subsequent attempts. Registry, maybe?

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel
Glad to hear that the installation is successful
0 Kudos