Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Encryption of Intel's FPGA IP

Armen
Employee

Having problem to encrypt FPGA's IP using Quartus version 19.1 on Cyclone 10GX: 10CX150YU484I6G part. need help as we shipping IP overseas.

I attached error message during Encryption procedure. Seems device i snot supported. Anything I did wrong, any workarounds or suggestions.

Thanks

Armen

0 Kudos
7 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

The PFG is set to Cyclone 10 LP instead of GX.  Is that the issue?

0 Kudos
Armen
Employee

Thanks for the first reply, sstrell. I had no chance to choose GX part. Is it possible 10GX part is not supported at all?

Anybody who successfully encrypted POF for 10GX part?

Thanks,

Armen

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I don't know if you've read this guide, but this has info about encryption:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/cyclone-10/c10gx-51003.pdf

You can't encrypt and compress at the same time if that is applicable here.

0 Kudos
Armen
Employee

Hi there , I know my problem. The issue was with the length of the key. There is no message telling that key is not 64 byte long. That's the reason, generate button was always greyed in Encryption dialog box.

Once, I got enough characters, Generate button activated and I was able to generate encrypted POF file

Thanks,

Amen

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Avardape,

Any update on this or other concern?

0 Kudos
Armen
Employee

Hi, I managed to get encrypted pof file. However, when I program encrypted pof file I do not see FPGA is working as intended.  Not clear how the key generated should be used to unlock encrypted file at customer site.

Any advice is highly appreciated

Armen

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Avardape,

Glad to hear that. What is not working? Do you see any hardware incorrect functionality or what? If yes, maybe you can signaltap your hardware and see where goes wrong.

0 Kudos