Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16639 Discussions

Error (119013): Current license file does not support the 5CEBA4F17C8 device.

VFres
Beginner

I have installed Quartus 22.1 standard edition with a University Programm license:

# Quartus II SE Float for University Program, 5 Seat(s)
# - Maintenance Expiration of 2033.09
# - License Expires 01-Oct-2033

But I can't compile a project, I obtain the error in the title.

I can't find on your website a reason why this version of Quartus is not available with this device.

I can compile the same project with the same license from another computer running Quartus 20.1

Which version of Quartus is available for a Cyclone V E device?

And I have the same question for a Cyclone 10 device.

Thanks for your help

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Can you confirm in Tools menu -> License Setup that the license is set up correctly and working?  Since it's floating, maybe this computer is not able to obtain the license for some reason.

For Cyclone 10 LP, you can use Standard.  Cyclone 10 GX requires Pro.

0 Kudos
VFres
Beginner

Yes, in the License Setup window I can see the 5 # of my floating license.

I only get an error when I compile a project.

But I think it's because of the licence server software, I also get this warning:

"Warning (292000): FLEXlm software error: Version of vendor daemon is too old. Feature: quartus License path; FlexNet Licensing error:-83,147."

I need to call my admin to update the daemon.

Can you confirm?

And can you please tell me where I can find this information "For Cyclone 10 LP, you can use Standard.  Cyclone 10 GX requires Pro."?
And where can I find information on the required version of flexlm?

Thank you

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/central-libraries/us/en/images/2023-09/quartus-prime-comparison-infographic.png

When you start Quartus, do you get the dialog asking you to point to a license file or server?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

You could upgrade the license vendor daemon software to the newer version here.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software-kit/709649/license-daemon.html    

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Since we haven't received any response from you, I assume that my previous message has provided the necessary clarification. I will now transfer this conversation to community support. If you have any new queries, please feel free to open a new thread to receive assistance from Intel experts. Alternatively, the community users will be available to assist you further on this existing thread. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

0 Kudos