Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16592 Discussions

Error (12252): IP Helper Library GetAdaptersAddresses function failed

ArcticRain
Novice

With a project that compiled fine before, I now get the following error when compiling.

Error (12252): IP Helper Library GetAdaptersAddresses function failed

I have noticed this seemed to begin after a windows update was applied.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ArcticRain
Novice

Full error trace I am getting:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: IP Helper Library GetAdaptersAddresses function failed

at java.net.NetworkInterface.isLoopback0(Native Method)

at java.net.NetworkInterface.isLoopback(Unknown Source)

at com.altera.sopcmodel.ensemble.Ensemble.makeUniqueIdentifier(Ensemble.java:712)

at com.altera.sopcmodel.ensemble.Ensemble.init(Ensemble.java:472)

at com.altera.sopcmodel.beanelement.BeanElementClass.newInstance(BeanElementClass.java:297)

at com.altera.sopcmodel.ensemble.Ensemble.createQsys(Ensemble.java:681)

at com.altera.sopcmodel.transforms.avalon.InitialInterconnectTransform.doExecute(InitialInterconnectTransform.java:91)

at com.altera.sopcmodel.transforms.SopcTransformStep.execute(SopcTransformStep.java:66)

at com.altera.sopcmodel.transforms.SopcTransformList.doExecute(SopcTransformList.java:112)

at com.altera.sopcmodel.transforms.SopcTransformStep.execute(SopcTransformStep.java:66)

at com.altera.sopcmodel.transforms.mm.MMTransform.doExecute(MMTransform.java:106)

at com.altera.sopcmodel.transforms.SopcTransformList.doExecute(SopcTransformList.java:112)

at com.altera.sopcmodel.transforms.avalon.AvalonTransform.doExecute(AvalonTransform.java:45)

at com.altera.sopcmodel.ensemble.EnsembleUtils.doTransform(EnsembleUtils.java:1357)

at com.altera.sopcmodel.components.tclmodule.LiveModuleGenerateComposedFileset.attemptComposedTransform(LiveModuleGenerateComposedFileset.java:124)

at com.altera.sopcmodel.components.tclmodule.LiveModuleGenerateComposedFileset.generateComposedSet(LiveModuleGenerateComposedFileset.java:173)

at com.altera.sopcmodel.components.tclmodule.LiveModuleGenerateComposedFileset.access$400(LiveModuleGenerateComposedFileset.java:40)

at com.altera.sopcmodel.components.tclmodule.LiveModuleGenerateComposedFileset$AutoFileSet.generateAutoSet(LiveModuleGenerateComposedFileset.java:328)

at com.altera.sopcmodel.components.tclmodule.LiveModuleGenerateComposedFileset$AutoFileSet.generate(LiveModuleGenerateComposedFileset.java:285)

at com.altera.sopc.generator.FileSet2.generate(FileSet2.java:159)

at com.altera.sopc.generator.Sellafield.generate(Sellafield.java:366)

at com.altera.sopcmodel.sbtools.sbgenerate.SbGenerate.performGeneration(SbGenerate.java:521)

at com.altera.sopcmodel.sbtools.sbgenerate.SbGenerate.act(SbGenerate.java:467)

at com.altera.utilities.AltCmdLineToolBase.runTheTool(AltCmdLineToolBase.java:718)

at com.altera.utilities.AltCmdLineToolBase.runTheTool(AltCmdLineToolBase.java:730)

at com.altera.sopceditor.tools.generation.QsysGenerationTask.generateSynthesis(QsysGenerationTask.java:597)

at com.altera.sopceditor.tools.generation.QsysGenerationTask.generate(QsysGenerationTask.java:374)

at com.altera.sopceditor.tools.generation.QsysGenerationTask.run(QsysGenerationTask.java:127)

at com.altera.qsys.generate.QsysGenerate.createGenerationTaskOuter(QsysGenerate.java:699)

at com.altera.qsys.generate.QsysGenerate.runGenerationFlow(QsysGenerate.java:628)

at com.altera.qsys.generate.QsysGenerate.act(QsysGenerate.java:389)

at com.altera.utilities.AltCmdLineToolBase.runTheTool(AltCmdLineToolBase.java:718)

at com.altera.qsys.generate.QsysGenerate.main(QsysGenerate.java:180)

Error generating Qsys

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Is there a way that I can generate this error? probably sharing the design?

Not sure if this works, could you try to compile again by removing the qip file and just leaves the qsys file in the project?

0 Kudos
ArcticRain
Novice
I am guessing this is a configuration error on my computer. I haven’t been able to reproduce it on other computers with the same project. Ryan Link Principal Engineer, Electrical +1 651 756 3308 ryan.link@abbott.com<mailto:ryan.link@abbott.com>
0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Have you try to reinstall Quartus software?

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Since there are no feedback for this thread, I have already transition this thread to the community support. If you have a new question or need further help in this case, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos