Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

Error 199013 199014 QuartusPrime Lite 20.1.1

black_bleu
Novice

Hello,

I have recently been given an Intel DE10-Lite board for my digital logic lab course and I keep running into the same error while trying to run the board on my personal computer. Below I have copied the simulation flow progress excerpt. I have tried clean installing the QuartusPrime software and rerunning the basic setup and still run into these error codes. Sometimes these errors occur on the computers in the lab room as well. I am not sure what I can do to remedy this issue.

Board: 10M50DAF484C7G

Error (199013): HDL output file name "C:/Users/sarah/Desktop/EE 2174/EE2174 Lab/Prime/simulation/qsim/output_files/Waveform.vwf.vt" used with --testbench_file option contains a non-existent directory path
Error (199014): Vector source file C:/Users/sarah/Desktop/EE 2174/EE2174 Lab/Prime/output_files/Waveform.vwf specified with --testbench_vector_input_file option does not exist
Error: Quartus Prime EDA Netlist Writer was unsuccessful. 2 errors, 187 warnings
    Error: Peak virtual memory: 4639 megabytes
    Error: Processing ended: Wed Jan 11 21:05:18 2023
    Error: Elapsed time: 00:00:01
    Error: Total CPU time (on all processors): 00:00:00

Error. 

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Try getting rid of that space in the path: "EE2174 Lab".

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

In Simulation Waveform Editor, go to Simulation -> Simulation Settings -> Testbench Generation Command. For both Timing and Functional Simulation Settings, make sure the paths of --vector_source (Waveform.vwf) and --testbench_file (Waveform.vwf.vt) are correct.

Or try to create a new .vwf file.

Best Regards,

Sheng

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos
black_bleu
Novice

Dear Sheng,

What is the correct file path for --vector_source and the --testbench_file? Would it be where the --vector_source ".vwf" file is saved? Also the 199013 error seems most consistent as even with a brand new .vwf file this error always occurs. For example what is the intended target of \Waveform.vwf.vt for the --testbench_file option? I don't see this file anywhere.

0 Kudos
black_bleu
Novice

Also even with using a real directory for the \Waveform.vwf.vt file this error occurs.

Unable to open E:/EE2174 Lab/Prime/simulation/qsim/letThereBeLight.vwf.vt 
Error. 
0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Try getting rid of that space in the path: "EE2174 Lab".

black_bleu
Novice

I've done that now and it works a little better. Right now whenever I load a wave file it places itself in the wrong file place by default, so i guess fix that every time.

Now that I've corrected all my file pathing issues (which is not corrected when creating a new project file or so) I have this error

# ** Error: (vlog-7) Failed to open design unit file "Lab0.vo" in read mode.
# No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT)
# End time: 14:44:35 on Jan 13,2023, Elapsed time: 0:00:00
# Errors: 1, Warnings: 0
# ** Error: c:/intelfpga_lite/20.1/modelsim_ase/win32aloem/vlog failed.
# Executing ONERROR command at macro ./Lab0.do line 3

Error. 

do any of you know how to correct this issue? For more clarification I am attempting to run all of my projects off of my thumb drive "E".

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Or may be you can try recreate a new project and .vwf file. The --vector_source is the path where .vwf file located. The --testbench_file is the path where .vwf.vt file located. Attached a sample project for your reference.

Best Regards,

Sheng

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

** Error: (vlog-7) Failed to open design unit file "Lab0.vo" in read mode.

No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT)

Make sure the .vo file is present in the directory ../simulation/qsim. That file is auto-generated after running simulation in Waveform Editor. May refer to the previous zip file attached.

Best Regards,

Sheng