Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Error (209027) Verification failed

G_H
Beginner

Hi,

I have Error (209027) Verification failed when i try to run verify configure.

I succeed to pass the test after i unchecked the "check block CRCs or preform on-chip verification..." at option programmer category. 

I trying to understand why its happened? the program configure always successful with the same file but the verification failed.  

no CRC (209021).JPG

with CRC (209021).JPG

thanks,

Yuri

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

G_H, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Intel® Processor?

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

When did the issue start?

Which Operating System version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Are you a developer?

Are you working on a hardware/software project?

If that is the case, by any chance, can you explain what is the project about?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
G_H
Beginner

Hi,

thank for your replay. i will try give some more information:

Intel® Processor: IC FPGA 10K LE CYC-3 7GR UBGA; EP3C10U256I7; 

it's not PC laptop and it is not use on motherboard.

the processor burn using jam file on one station which have OS win7 and its using some other jtag burn program (not quartus).

the verification checked at other station, was OS winXP and one year ago we upgrade to win10 and then all the problems started. not all devices failed, most are pass successful, but several are failed. some of the failed after trying again pass the verification. 

we use quartus 13.0 programmer. i try to use higher quartus version such as 16.0, 17.1, 18.1, 20.1 - all same results. 

i am not developer, i am the test engineer of the system. 

also, when i try to fully burn the file, at quartus, its successful. only when i try to make verify configure its failed. 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi G_H, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information.

Just to let you know, we do have a specific department that will be able to further assist you with this matter. I will move your thread to them so they can help you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @G_H 

The error is happening during verification, the device may not contain the same data as the programming file.

Please select a different device and check if the issue persist.

Reference:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/13.0/mergedProjects/msgs/msgs/epgme_device_verify_error.htm

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @G_H 

May I know does my latest reply helps?

Do you need further help regarding this case? 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
G_H
Beginner

Hi

thanks for your reply.

unfortunately it didn't help.

i also try to erase the data and programming it again (same file of course). both, erase and programming was pass successfully and then i try again to do the verification check and its failed again.

only when i unchecked the CRC check option, i pass successfully. it is the only solution i found till now.

also, i run it on CMD. i try different type of verification command (according to user manual).

i use : quartus_pgm -c USB-Blaster -m jtag -o vi;C:\altera\HTU_TOP.jic;EPCS16

its failed(like at the picture i uploaded)

when i try to change the "vi" command, it successes:

V, CV : pass successfully

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @G_H 

There might be something wrong with the command.

If you are referring to the quartus_pgm command, the options cannot be vi. It has to be following 1 of the command below.
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/tclscriptrefmnl.pdf#page=78 

Please try the options provided in the User Guide.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos
G_H
Beginner

hi.

thanks for your replay.

i also try the IV command as its written at the user manual - same result. 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @G_H 

Could you try to use the programmer version that matched with the Quartus project? 

e.g. use programmer version 20.1 with Quartus version 20.1  

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @G_H 

Have you try to install and program using the programmer version that matched with the Quartus project?

e.g. use programmer version 20.1 with Quartus version 20.1

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I have yet to receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided.
With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos