Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Error: Cannot find sequences/sequencer.elf

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi All! 

I'm trying to compile for the reference stratix 5 board (s5_ref) using altera's AOC 17.0, but I get the following error: 

2017.06.27.15:07:17 Error: s0: Cannot find sequencer/sequencer.elf 2017.06.27.15:07:17 Error: s0: An error occurred 2017.06.27.15:07:17 Error: Generation stopped, 303 or more modules remaining 2017.06.27.15:07:19 Error: qsys-generate failed with exit code 1: 3 Errors, 43 Warnings Error: ip-generate FAILED.  

Attached is the log (the log is from 16.0, but 17.0 gives the same error). Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Already answered her: 

https://alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49027 

Close your screen, log out and then log back in and open a new one.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Already answered her: 

https://alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49027 

Close your screen, log out and then log back in and open a new one. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks for the suggestion, but sadly that does not work. 

The bug is persistent and does not disappear if I restart login and the screen. Any other ideas?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You have X11 forwarding disabled, right? If you can reliably reproduce the issue, open a support request with Altera. Maybe this would allow them to finally fix this issue once and for all. 

P.S. I also previously encountered this issue when I was compiling kernels using makefiles that "exported" variables and called other makefiles to run the kernel compilation command. if this is what you are doing, avoid it.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks! Yeah X11 forwarding is disabled. I've opened a service request at Altera.

0 Kudos