Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

Error: Compiler Error, not able to generate hardware

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Can someone help me with this issue: 

[........hello_world]$ aoc -v device/hello_world.cl -o bin/hello_world.aocx --board a10gx 

aoc: Environment checks are completed successfully. 

aoc: If necessary for the compile, your BAK files will be cached here: /var/tmp/aocl/fpga 

You are now compiling the full flow!! 

aoc: Selected target board a10gx 

aoc: Running OpenCL parser.... 

aoc: OpenCL parser completed successfully. 

aoc: Compiling.... 

aoc: Linking with IP library ... 

Checking if memory usage is larger than 100% 

aoc: First stage compilation completed successfully. 

Error: Error opening /home/fpga/Downloads/hello_world/bin/hello_world/ip/kernel_system/kernel_system_avs_kernel_sender_cra_cra_ring.ip. 

Error: Error opening /home/fpga/Downloads/hello_world/bin/hello_world/ip/kernel_system/kernel_system_avs_reorder_const_cra_cra_ring.ip. 

Error: Error opening /home/fpga/Downloads/hello_world/bin/hello_world/ip/kernel_system/kernel_system_avs_mem_writestream_cra_cra_ring.ip. 

Error: Error opening /home/fpga/Downloads/hello_world/bin/hello_world/ip/kernel_system/kernel_system_boardtest_system.ip. 

Error: Error opening /home/fpga/Downloads/hello_world/bin/hello_world/ip/kernel_system/kernel_system_avs_kernel_receiver_cra_cra_ring.ip. 

Error: Error opening /home/fpga/Downloads/hello_world/bin/hello_world/ip/kernel_system/kernel_system_avs_nop_cra_cra_ring.ip. 

Error: Error opening /home/fpga/Downloads/hello_world/bin/hello_world/ip/kernel_system/kernel_system_avs_mem_readstream_cra_cra_ring.ip. 

Error: Error opening /home/fpga/Downloads/hello_world/bin/hello_world/ip/kernel_system/kernel_system_avs_mem_read_writestream_cra_cra_ring.ip. 

Error: Quartus Prime IP Generation Tool was unsuccessful. 8 errors, 0 warnings 

Error (293001): Quartus Prime Full Compilation was unsuccessful. 10 errors, 0 warnings 

Error: Flow compile (for project /home/fpga/Downloads/hello_world/bin/hello_world/top) was not successful 

Error: ERROR: Error(s) found while running an executable. See report file(s) for error message(s). Message log indicates which executable was run last. 

Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script /home/fpga/intelFPGA_pro/17.0/quartus/common/tcl/internal/qsh_flow.tcl unsuccessful 

Error: Quartus Prime Shell was unsuccessful. 17 errors, 0 warnings 

Error: Compiler Error, not able to generate hardware
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The error message seems pretty clear; either aoc does not have write access to the folder you are using, or your storage is unstable/full.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You were right about the storage being unstable.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

HRZ, I tried it on another storage device and I'm having the same issue.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

HRZ, I tried it on another storage device and I'm having the same issue. 

--- Quote End ---  

Reported the same issue here https://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56472&page=2 and asked the other poster if he had come up with solution. Have you fixed a problem with these ip files missing?
0 Kudos