Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16604 Discussions

Error on Quartus Prime Startup

SClar25
Beginner

Hello,

When I try to run Quartus Prime Lite 18.1 on my PC, I see the splash screen and then the program fails to load after about 30 seconds. Each time I attempt to run the software, cr_ie_info.json is updated in C:\intelFPGA_lite\18.1. This file is attached (I had to change the file extension to be able to upload to the site). Based on the information in this file, it seems that Quartus is encountering an error during startup relating to the tcl interpreter:

"error_message" : "A Tcl interpreter must exist before unregistering ::quartus::timing_assignment!",

"source_file" : "/quartus/mega/qsysipc/qsysipc_tcl_args_auto.cpp",

"line" : "3433",

"subsystem" : "QSYSIPC"

Has anybody encountered this error in the past, or have any suggestions on how to address it? Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

The easiest thing to try would be to uninstall and then reinstall Quartus. Did it ever run successfully or has it always failed like this?

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Have you try to uninstall and reinstall?

Thanks

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know any update?

Thanks

0 Kudos
SClar25
Beginner
Hi, Thanks for following up. The issue is resolved. I reinstalled and run the application using admin privileges. Thanks!
0 Kudos