Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16592 Discussions

FIR Filter fails with warnings in ModelSim

SHard2
Novice

Hi

I am using DSP Builder to generate a design containing a number of FIR filters. When run in ModelSim the following warning is given for each clock edge 'Warning: There is an 'U'|'X'|'W'|'Z'|'-' in an arithmetic operand, the result will be 'X' (es).

I have tested this with an example included with the Quartus installtion and the same warning is given.

I have attached the example model and a description of the steps to reproduce. Any advice would be much appreciated as this is an urgent problem for us.

Best regards

Simon

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your update. For your information, I am able to replicate your warning observation using Q17.0Std + R2015a in my local PC. As I check the Modelsim simulation, seems like the simulation looks fine.

As I search through the web, I am able find the following KDB on similar error:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd04172014_891.html

The KDB should be applicable to SIV device as well and you may safely ignore the warning.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

0 Kudos
SHard2
Novice

​Hi

Thanks for getting back to me.

I think you are correct, I will ignore the warnings.

Best regards

Simon

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos