Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Find Quartus Project Directory Path via TCL

DZuck1
Novice

Hi,

I am trying to use a TCL script to grab the project's SVN repo revision and place it into a register in my Quartus project. Using the example posted on the Intel website I was able to pull the SVN revision into my project.

The script pulls the revision of the .QPF file but I would like to pull the revision of the whole directory as the revision of the .QPF file may not be the latest revision of the project. When I commit new source files to SVN the revision of the QPF may not necessarily change.

I have added the following line to my QSF file:

set_global_assignment -name PRE_FLOW_SCRIPT_FILE "quartus_sh:svn_revision.tcl \$\{project\}.qpf"

I am hoping there is some Quartus variable that I can pass into the script to get the project directory path. Does anyone know what that variable is?

Thanks,

DZuck1

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoanneSinY_L_Intel

​Hi

Can you try to run without specify any project qsf path?

set_global_assignment -name PRE_FLOW_SCRIPT_FILE "quartus_sh:svn_revision.tcl

Thanks

Joanne

0 Kudos
DZuck1
Novice
Hi Joanne, I was able to find the script file directory’s path by using the following function: proc getScriptDirectory {} { set dispScriptFile [file normalize [info script]] set scriptFolder [file dirname $dispScriptFile] return $scriptFolder } Thanks, DZuck1
0 Kudos