Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Flashing the CPLD using USB Blaster throws error(209015)

SayaliMore
Beginner

Initially I flashed the CPLD - MAX V 5M1270Z using USB Blaster and Quartus prime it was successful

Then, I was trying to reprogram CPLD using JTAG - JAM STAPL interface, where it gave me error code-11 "Device Verify Failure" so I tried to reflash the CPLD using USB Blaster in quartus prime software it showed me the below error.

Error (209015): Can't configure device. Expected JTAG ID code 0x020A30DD for device 1, but found JTAG ID code 0xFFFFFFFF. Make sure the location of the target device on the circuit board matches the device's location in the device chain in the Chain Description File (.cdf).

Can anyone help me understand whether I am getting this error as flashing using JTAG has corrupted some JTAG ID code?? and how to now flash the software to CPLD as I am stuck

P.S: Setup was not disturbed, hence it is unlikely the issue with USB cables, TIA!!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Have you tried power cycle the board and reconnect the blaster to see if the issue is still observed?

0 Kudos
SayaliMore
Beginner

Yes, I tried with the power cycle and even reconnecting the blaster multiple times,

Sometimes the error code 35 was observed but then after restarting the PC again shows the same error code (209015)

0 Kudos
ShubhamK
Beginner

Is IDCODE value is changeable ? I think its Read-Only & Can not be configured, am I correct ?

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The IDCODE is not changeable but from the issue that you observed, the TDO is stuck at 1. which cause the readout to be 0xFFFFFFFF

0 Kudos
SayaliMore
Beginner

I probed the TDO pin on DSO to check whether it is stuck at some logic level.

But that was not the case I was able to see the signal getting toggled, when there is programming command from Quartus-Prime through Blaster

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know if you are not able to detect the device anymore after power cycling? If you no longer able to recover it then the device might be damaged.

0 Kudos
ShubhamK
Beginner

We are not able to establish communication after power cycle. How can we make sure if device is damage ? Please help us with any steps, process to verify it.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you measure the VCCIO and VCCINT?

0 Kudos
ShubhamK
Beginner

VCCIO voltage is 3.3V & VCCINT voltage is 1.8V

These are regulated voltages and generated from power rails.

0 Kudos
ShubhamK
Beginner

Is there any way to make sure if device is damaged ? Like device could draw more current draw, something like that

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I suspect that the device might be damaged. I would recommend you to replace the device.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

No. There is no other method as you are no longer able to access the device using JTAG Chain

0 Kudos