Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Fpga adc

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello ALL 

I am new with FPGA and I have a university work and the first step is to digitize an analog signal in digital using the ADC converter of the own fpga in VHDL (Altera DE0 NANO) ADC128S022 12 bit with a sample rate of 4khz, I would like to know which function Active the clock and the converter, and where should I start? I can not find examples that this is. If you can send me examples or articles, any information will be useful. thank you so much.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am not exactly sure what you mean by "I would like to know which function Active the clock and the converter," are you trying to ask how to run the ADC for data acquisition. Are there no design examples with the DE0 board for this? 

If there are no design examples then you need to start by looking at the datasheet to understand how what signals to send to the data converter to make it to your bidding.
0 Kudos