Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Generating JAM file

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I would like to program a MAX V device using STAPL. I intend to run JAM player in an embedded processor. Is there a trick to generating the jam or jbc file? The "Create JAM, JBC, SVF or ISC File..." is not clickable. I have added the device and pof file to the programmer chain. I don't have any hardware yet, but that should not matter?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Jonas, 

no problem with generation of a JAM file from POF file at all. No magic nor a trick are necessary. Just try the following: 

Open the Programmer tool in Quartus design system, load a POF file via Add file option. Then select "Create JAM, JBC, SVF or ISC File..." in File menu. In the "Create ..." dialog just select the desired file format, file name and OK. There are not any further options for JAM file format because of a JAM file with encapsulated actions. This JAM file generation can be done also without a connection to a programmer hardware. 

Best regards, 

Martin
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Martin, 

Thank you. It works now. I did not realize that "Create JAM..." could be found in the programmer file menu. I looked in the Quartus file menu where it also can be found but it is always disabled.
0 Kudos