Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

HLS Compiler and Quartus versions compatibility and trouble with Visual Studio

alxb
Novice

Good day! I've installed HLS Compiler 21.1. I can't execute examples. And I have license on Quartus 14.1 version only. Will HLS Compiler run with that version or it works only with latest Quartus versions? And also while running init_hls.bat script can't detect Visual Studio 2017 on drive but I've already installed VS 2017. Path of VS is on drive D:/ (D:\Microsoft Visual Studio) Is that critical? And I've chosed not all components of VS to reduce needed hard drive space. What components of Visual Studio are critical for HLS Compiler?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
alxb
Novice

Hey, Quartus gurus! Are anybody here?..

0 Kudos
alxb
Novice

Up!

0 Kudos
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi ,

You can use HLS even with the Quartus Prime Lite edition if you are concerned about the licensing.

There are different options available with Quartus to make it work with different IDEs.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/xfy1510159781700.html

Regarding the older Quartus version support , we generally test Quartus versions up to 3 versions Prior to the HLS version.

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos