Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Hex File for EPCQ-A

TKrum
Novice

Hi everyone,

i have a logic for Firmwareupdates using the Asmi Parallel IP for writing, with quartus generated *.hexout-Files, into the EPCQ. After porting to EPCQ-A and Regenerating IP and jic Programming Files this is not longer possible. Reading the Data (written with the USB-Blaster into the EPCQ-A) and writing this data again in the EPCQ-A is no problem. But with Quartus generated hexout-Files are not compatible with EPCQ-A.

How can I generate hexout-Files for EPCQ-A?

2 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Tkrum,

Seems like you are having issue when migrating from EPCQ to EPCQ-A. Can you please refer to application note at link below?

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an822.pdf

Thank You.

Regards,

YL

0 Kudos
TKrum
Novice

Thank you. I did everything as described in the Application Note. But I cant generate hexout-Files that are compatible with EPCQ-A. There must be a difference between EPCQ and EPCQ-A, so that the hexout-Files arent compatible.

I can generate hexout-Files from my Design with Quartus. I can write the hexdata with the Asmi Parallel IP into the EPCQ-A. I can read the data back, they are right. But when i reset my board the FPGA remains in reset.

0 Kudos