Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Hex File for EPCQ-A

TKrum
Novice

Hi everyone,

i have a logic for Firmwareupdates using the Asmi Parallel IP for writing, with quartus generated *.hexout-Files, into the EPCQ. After porting to EPCQ-A and Regenerating IP and jic Programming Files this is not longer possible. Reading the Data (written with the USB-Blaster into the EPCQ-A) and writing this data again in the EPCQ-A is no problem. But with Quartus generated hexout-Files are not compatible with EPCQ-A.

How can I generate hexout-Files for EPCQ-A?

2 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Tkrum,

Seems like you are having issue when migrating from EPCQ to EPCQ-A. Can you please refer to application note at link below?

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an822.pdf

Thank You.

Regards,

YL

TKrum
Novice

Thank you. I did everything as described in the Application Note. But I cant generate hexout-Files that are compatible with EPCQ-A. There must be a difference between EPCQ and EPCQ-A, so that the hexout-Files arent compatible.

I can generate hexout-Files from my Design with Quartus. I can write the hexdata with the Asmi Parallel IP into the EPCQ-A. I can read the data back, they are right. But when i reset my board the FPGA remains in reset.