Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15331 Discussions

How can I delete old files of a Modelsim's simulation?

Cuong_Nguyen
Beginner

I have been installed Quartus Prime Lite (ver19.1) and its Modelsim Starter Edition, and started learning Verilog recently. After doing several simulations (drawing waveforms by Modelsim Simulation) I noticed my Hard drive (C) has decreased its free space quickly (several GBs a day) although I put my Verilog's project in Drive D. I don't know what causes this. I think Modelsim created those files for simulation but I dont know where they are.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

The simulation files are located at your project directory.

To check what files take up the hard drive space most: Go to Storage and check for any files that may have consumed a lot of your disk space.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. Don’t forget to Reply, and Select the Best Solution. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cuong_Nguyen
Beginner

Thank you for your support, I have found a dump file (about 2.5GB) and delete it. Now my disk space is 70GB free, I will observe those next days to see whether or not this problem happens again.

RichardTanSY_Intel

Is everything fine? Do you need further help?

Cuong_Nguyen
Beginner

I think the problem has been solved now because my disk space is ranging around 70GB only while I am still using Quartus and ModelSim. Thank you for your support!