Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

How can i see the waveform?

hsin0303
Beginner

I want to use the opencl to design the FPGA.

The OS is CentOS 7.4.

I have already install the Modelsim and read the programming guide.

When i used the command 'aoc -march=simulator -ghdl -board=pac_a10 device/vector_add.cl ', the screen show the error message.

=======================================

error: unknown argument: '-march=simulator'

Error: OpenCL parser FAILED.

=======================================

How can i solve this problem and see the waveform?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

What version of Quartus/AOC are you using? This option is only available in the newer versions of the compiler (I think 18.0+). Also note that based on the documentation, this feature is for simulating OpenCL libraries; you cannot simulate standard OpenCL kernels with this. You can emulate standard OpenCL kernels using -march=emulator but that is only functional simulation (not timing-accurate).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

What version of Quartus/AOC are you using? This option is only available in the newer versions of the compiler (I think 18.0+). Also note that based on the documentation, this feature is for simulating OpenCL libraries; you cannot simulate standard OpenCL kernels with this. You can emulate standard OpenCL kernels using -march=emulator but that is only functional simulation (not timing-accurate).

hsin0303
Beginner

Thanks for your reply.

The version is Intel(R) FPGA SDK for OpenCL(TM), Version 17.1.1 Build 273.

Because it is necessary to observe the signal in detail.

Does it have any other way to see the waveform of the kernel?

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

There is no standard way provided by Intel to do that as far as I know. You might be able to do it manually by loading the OpenCL project in Quartus and creating test-benches yourself for all the signals involved.

hsin0303
Beginner

Thanks for your advice.

0 Kudos