Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

How to combine separate IP simulation scripts into one, ip-setup-simulation

TSchu3
Beginner

Hello, I am trying to combine two IP simulation scripts into one which I will then manually add to my system simulation.  I have a project with two IP cores-DDR3 controller and a FIFO.  There are no other files present. Both were generated without error and .spd files are present for both. 

When I try to run 'generate simulator Setup Script for IP' under the tools menu, it runs without error but produces nothing.  There are no new output files.
Can anyone help with the proper steps to get this working.  I suspect I am missing  something since  I have not used this feature before.
Using Quartus Prime Pro 21.2 and a Cyclone 10

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @TSchu3 

You may refer to the User Guide(UG) below to check the simulation flow. 

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-20093.pdf

For example, have you specify the EDA Tool in the Settings, have you run compilation before generate simulation script. 

You may test out the design example in the UG to learn how it works. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @TSchu3 

You may refer to the User Guide(UG) below to check the simulation flow. 

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-20093.pdf

For example, have you specify the EDA Tool in the Settings, have you run compilation before generate simulation script. 

You may test out the design example in the UG to learn how it works. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

TSchu3
Beginner

Thanks! this is what I needed.  I was skipping the compilation step since my design is not finalized.  I just wanted to generate the IP and pull it into my simulation. But the compilation is needed before the 'generate simulator Setup Script for IP'  tool will work.

0 Kudos