Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

How to configure Nios 2/e with Avalon ST interface?

Matthias0
Beginner

In one of the webinars, i was told that i can configure the Nios 2 with an Avalon ST interface.

Screenshot from 2022-05-18 10-07-36.png

But when i configure the Nios 2 softcore in the Platform Designer, i cant see an option where i could change the default Avalon Memmory Mapped interfacte to a ST one.

Screenshot.png

In the Parameters window for the Nios2/e i appearently can only change the reset and exception vector as well as some advanced features, none of which change the interconnect structure.

Can someone hook me up please? Where is this configuration made? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

The training is saying that PD supports streaming interfaces.  Not all IP support streaming, though.  Nios uses memory-mapped interfaces.  You can add components to essentially convert between the two standards, like a FIFO, where you can have memory-mapped on one side and streaming on the other.

ShengN_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos